This month I (Greg) flew to UT to enjoy Lucy's masterful senior recital performance. It was really well done, and I felt happy to be there. It was great to see family there too, and I really enjoyed the unique opportunity of attending Priesthood with both my grandpa's.
We recently had our family pictures taken (currently pending) and before the photographer arrived Hinckley really got a kick out of the swing.
The big trip this month was our weekend getaway to Nauvoo, IL and a pitstop at Liberty, MO.
Carriage ride through Old Nauvoo
Brigham Young's House
Carthage Jail
Carthage Jail
Liberty Jail
Unfortunately I got really sick as we drove up to the sights. Luckily I was still able to see everything and get around without too much delay. It was beautiful weather and not very crowded either.
Hinckley had a good trip, though we realized he is not a happy baby when it comes to sleeping in the Pac n Play. Lesson learned there.
It has been a great month, and we are ready for May. We are starting to list some things in order to sell off some of the larger items we don't want to move, and getting ourselves prepared to ship back to UT in mid June.
It is that time of day when the house is quiet, the table is half covered in pots, pans, and tuber ware with food scattered across. The car isn’t in the garage and the dog lies sleeping on the blue blanket. The sun lies somewhere back there, behind the cloud over those mountains. It makes some nice gold colors on the rocky face of the mountains outside of the window. I guess it is so nice because at this time of year there is a lot of plants and flowers in the back yard so the gold makes it seem sort of dreamlike. Yeah, I’ll do em I guess. Call it being nice or being bored. Does it matter? Approaching the sink I am nipped by the denting smell. The eggshells, scraps of mango, carrot peel, and chunks of tofu drip in my fingers. Oh yes, the trash is under the sink these days. Drip once, drip twice on the floor. The water in the frying pan trembles, shaking the crusty flakes of burnt egg. Yogurt and peanu...
Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point. Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth. I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result. Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have. The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this littl...
New Room We made the move, and Hinckley now has his own room. This has meant more sleep for Kassie (she doesn't wake up at any slight rustle of noise coming from his direction), and more sleep for Hinckley (he doesn't wake up when I get up in the morning to get ready for work). It is sort of sad and crazy that he is out of the room, and on his way to be a toddler. But that is what happens! One of the first nights in H's own room. New Etsy Shop It was about 2 weeks ago that Kas began working towards opening her own Etsy shop . It has been fun to watch her make things and play around with the best way to get people to see her stuff. She is really creative and simply enjoys making things. We aren't looking to make a fortune or anything, but it would be nice to have a fun hobby, and have it pay for itself! Check it out! If you know of anyone that is looking for baby products, come look at Kassie's site. More products will be coming. ...
Very wonderful!!
ReplyDelete