Skip to main content

So long, Tulsa

Making Mischief

Happy Sunday from thunder booming Tulsa! We are excited that this is our last week in Oklahoma. The weather is heating up along with the humidity, but days like today help make it possible (tons of rain and cooler temp). This week we continued to sell off things on Craigslist, pack up books, and tighten up our moving plans. We enjoyed swimming yesterday with a family in the ward, and Hinckley did really well for his first time! I also walked into the water with my wallet in my pocket . . . but everything was salvaged other than the wallet itself - which is ok since I think it is the same wallet I've had since going to Mexico nearly 10 years ago. 



Hinckley is getting yet another tooth, but he is doing really well. He loves trying to escape when his diaper is being changed, and laughs uncontrollably when I do "hunk-a-chaw, hunk-a-chaw, hunk-a-chaw, hunk!" and grab him. Pretty cute. Kassie blitzed through The Book Thief and then we watched the movie. She really enjoyed the book and was having a hard time putting it down! I've been working slowly but surely on an electronic cookbook for our family, you can submit recipes if you have any good ones! The website is called http://williamsecookbook.weebly.com/ and is just an upgraded version from our previous Google Site. It still has lots of work to be done but it will be a good resource in the future.

The Black Bean Boss
My business venture is going well as we have about 7 projects in the works for June and July. My sister Lucy talked to a friend from school who will be doing the music for some of these films over the summer. Here is our current website and I am open to your thoughts and advice - or just general impressions on what seems to work and what isn't as helpful.

Kassie's Mom will be here mid-week to help prepare for the move and clean the apartment (though Kas keeps it so clean I am not sure what can be cleaned!). They will leave Friday and I will come on Saturday after the truck is packed. We are excited and hoping this is the last time we have to move in a while (that is what we say every 6-12 months).

Our time here in Tulsa has been transformative to say the least. My 4 months with TFA in connection with my 4 months doing professional video work at Community Care College have taught both of us more about ourselves, our dreams, and working together. We are grateful for this time, and look forward to what is ahead. Can't say we will miss this apartment, but there are a few people and a few restaurants we will never forget! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dishes

It is that time of day when the house is quiet, the table is half covered in pots, pans, and tuber ware with food scattered across. The car isn’t in the garage and the dog lies sleeping on the blue blanket. The sun lies somewhere back there, behind the cloud over those mountains. It makes some nice gold colors on the rocky face of the mountains outside of the window. I guess it is so nice because at this time of year there is a lot of plants and flowers in the back yard so the gold makes it seem sort of dreamlike. Yeah, I’ll do em I guess. Call it being nice or being bored. Does it matter? Approaching the sink I am nipped by the denting smell. The eggshells, scraps of mango, carrot peel, and chunks of tofu drip in my fingers. Oh yes, the trash is under the sink these days. Drip once, drip twice on the floor. The water in the frying pan trembles, shaking the crusty flakes of burnt egg. Yogurt and peanu...

Almost There!

Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point.  Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth.  I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result.  Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have.  The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this littl...

Into October

New Room We made the move, and Hinckley now has his own room. This has meant more sleep for Kassie (she doesn't wake up at any slight rustle of noise coming from his direction), and more sleep for Hinckley (he doesn't wake up when I get up in the morning to get ready for work). It is sort of sad and crazy that he is out of the room, and on his way to be a toddler. But that is what happens!  One of the first nights in H's own room. New Etsy Shop It was about 2 weeks ago that Kas began working towards opening her own Etsy shop . It has been fun to watch her make things and play around with the best way to get people to see her stuff. She is really creative and simply enjoys making things. We aren't looking to make a fortune or anything, but it would be nice to have a fun hobby, and have it pay for itself!  Check it out! If you know of anyone that is looking for baby products, come look at Kassie's site. More products will be coming.   ...