Skip to main content

Wolf Creek

Wolf Creek Village, in Eden UT is a wonderful place. It was with great joy and pleasure that Kassie and I stayed with Mom, Dad, Lucy, and Abi/Logan for nearly a week. We hot tubbed, watched movies, played games, went on some drives, laughed, ate, and even worked up some sweat playing racquetball. It was a grand experience and here are some pictures to prove it.

Mom, the leader of the pack poses at the top of Powder Ridge. Her love, direction, and goodness are lights to our family that I believe will have an exponential impact on our lives forever.
On our drive, Logan was my companion (and Dad's) in the back seat as we went to President McKay's house in Huntsville and to the Monastery. He is a happy child, and his mullet gives his toothy visage an even happier presence.
The sun shone upon us during our walk/hike, and I was able to snap this before running to catch up to the vanguard company.
I consider this my patriotic picture. It is hard to believe this was all happening in December, maybe it will snow before Christmas tomorrow?
We decided to go for a little walk. It was a nice hike, and though I was about to pass out from exhaustion, these three stalwart souls pressed forward with a zeal I hope to obtain someday.
The snow looked really cool, like crystalized fur of a polar bear or something. So I took a picture of it.
The layering of the colors in the valley was really nice, and the old fences along the road with the crisp air and mountains remind me of Heber Valley.
Kassie, Mom, and I went on a little drive to Powder Ridge and looked at the view. It was really cold - but very beautiful.
This is the home of David O McKay located in Huntsville UT. Unfortunately you can only visit the interior in the summer on Saturdays. It was still neat however, to see where the Prophet grew up and so forth.
Pretty awesome view of the Ogden mountains, the lake, and some dead trees.
Lucy gives the camera a piercing gaze will in the middle of her stunning performance in the film I am Legend: Survival of the Fittest as the leader of a small group of survivors in a post apocalyptic world that has been destroyed by unhealthy eating habits.
One thing I really liked about Ogden Valley were the trees. As we (Dad, Abi, Kassie, and I) drove to the monastery we pasted this home that had trees lining the driveway. I thought it was nice and a bit like an Ansel Adams shot.
The Snow crystals were pretty sharp due to freezing and extended sitting.
The lake was partly frozen, and you can see the distant figures of some people ice skating. I guess it was thick enough to go out on, but I didn't like the idea of falling through the ice way out far from the shore. This was a lucky shot out of the car as we zoomed by...

Comments

  1. We missed out on some serious fun! Glad you all had a fun time and that we get to watch that awesome video that was created while you were up there. Let us know when you get to D.C. and post some pics of all the new stuff you'll be experiencing! We sure love and miss you two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Diet

Life is good! Maybe our trials have changed our attitude or maybe things really have gotten better. Either way, 2014 is already looking happy, bright, and beautiful! Greg LOVES his new job. The environment is great and he likes all of his co-workers. Plus, he gets to make films for work! As a media arts major, it is pretty hard to land a job with a steady paycheck right out of college. This one just kind of fell into Greg's lap. The stark contrast between his previous job as a teacher and this one is like night and day. And believe me, the ripple effect of this has spilled over into our home; it's like a breath of fresh air! Hinckley has been very active lately and is already starting to assert his independence. He is 17 1/2 pounds and 28 inches tall. He just discovered how much he loves rolling over, so he does it all the time now. I think he would like to be running and on the move if he only knew how to do it! He also loves food. So far he has only eaten rice cereal

Almost There!

Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point.  Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth.  I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result.  Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have.  The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this little elep

TMA 185 3 minute film

The final product of "make me a match" that I labored over exceedingly. I was actually sort of unhappy with it all not because of the performances of anyone but mainly just the story. We had to write all so quickly and the re-write it time after time and then storyboard it and really break it down. In all this rush I didn't realize till I was actually shooting it that I really didn't care much for the story as a whole and thus my motivation suffered greatly. I don't think I need to tell epic dramatic tales to care about them but I do want to have a strong point and also a specific conflict or issue that is approached and resolved. I am starting a screen writing class tomorrow and possibly I will gain some insights as to how to develop good stories. Ones that I care about. I don't know why I feel so interested in telling stories - particularly in that I haven't felt very confident with the stories I have come up with. It is extremely hard for me to come up