Skip to main content

And . . . we're back!


After some thought, I have decided to ressurect this blog and use it as a way to create a small but meaningful family history. So, we will see how successful I am in keeping up to date on it. My main goal is to share things with family and friends about what is happening in our lives and so forth.

On that note, here are a few things to get us started!

I think I will start taking a whole bunch more pics now
I have an iTouch

I ate so much at this graduation dinner I couldn't sleep
well that night or eat till dinner the next day!

Granduating
This year has already been a roller coaster, but it is only going to get more crazy! Kassie worked at Reagan Academy in the special ed department, and I came every once and a while as a substitute teacher. I finished up my degree at BYU and presented some of the research I did with professors in IP&T (including my own Pa!)
Kassie's 1st day with the sewing machine. She has been working
hard on it many times since!

At the poster session on BYU Campus


We have loved living in the basement of this wonderful home,
we sure will miss it. 

Kassie and I started a Coursera class
on Child Nutrition and cooking. This is
a tasty artichoke salad I made - yum.

Earlier this year we went on the "magic train" on the Heber
Creeper. It was pretty awesome.

While in CA for an education conference I got to enjoy time with my Pa
and Uncle (and his family). The Redwood forest was amazing.
Finally - this is a little film I made for one of my classes in Fall semester. We are pretty excited for our man child coming this July!


Comments

  1. Just to let you know I'm reading these and looking forward to the updates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dishes

It is that time of day when the house is quiet, the table is half covered in pots, pans, and tuber ware with food scattered across. The car isn’t in the garage and the dog lies sleeping on the blue blanket. The sun lies somewhere back there, behind the cloud over those mountains. It makes some nice gold colors on the rocky face of the mountains outside of the window. I guess it is so nice because at this time of year there is a lot of plants and flowers in the back yard so the gold makes it seem sort of dreamlike. Yeah, I’ll do em I guess. Call it being nice or being bored. Does it matter? Approaching the sink I am nipped by the denting smell. The eggshells, scraps of mango, carrot peel, and chunks of tofu drip in my fingers. Oh yes, the trash is under the sink these days. Drip once, drip twice on the floor. The water in the frying pan trembles, shaking the crusty flakes of burnt egg. Yogurt and peanu...

Almost There!

Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point.  Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth.  I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result.  Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have.  The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this littl...

Into October

New Room We made the move, and Hinckley now has his own room. This has meant more sleep for Kassie (she doesn't wake up at any slight rustle of noise coming from his direction), and more sleep for Hinckley (he doesn't wake up when I get up in the morning to get ready for work). It is sort of sad and crazy that he is out of the room, and on his way to be a toddler. But that is what happens!  One of the first nights in H's own room. New Etsy Shop It was about 2 weeks ago that Kas began working towards opening her own Etsy shop . It has been fun to watch her make things and play around with the best way to get people to see her stuff. She is really creative and simply enjoys making things. We aren't looking to make a fortune or anything, but it would be nice to have a fun hobby, and have it pay for itself!  Check it out! If you know of anyone that is looking for baby products, come look at Kassie's site. More products will be coming.   ...