Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for deep blue eyes and bulging cherry cheeks. 

This week we ended November with lots of food, family, and fun. We stayed in Tulsa and the Burnsides came to visit. We had an amazing feast up in Talala at Uncle Mike and Aunt Janet's place and really enjoyed getting away from the city for a bit. I (Greg) played in the ward Turkey Bowl and had no injuries, other than extreme soreness the next day. 

Hinckley and Aunt Janet 
Posing with Grand Dad 

Though it wasn't Temple Square in Salt Lake, we did enjoy seeing some amazing Christmas lights at Rhema Bible College. It is amazing we are already into the Christmas season!




On our walk yesterday we enjoyed the beautiful weather in the afternoon by strolling along the Riverside trail. Check out the video below to see the beautiful animal that happened to be enjoying the day as much as we were. 



Thanksgiving Morning

It is with semi-heavy hearts that we say goodbye to the very restful holiday and brace ourselves for the final month of this difficult (yet instructive) year. Though the family and the food are gone and I return to work tomorrow, there are still plenty of things to be grateful for!


Comments

  1. Glad you three got to have a fun week of respite! Good luck with the last few weeks of school before Christmas. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like little Hinckley had a lot of food for Thanksgiving! What cute giggles and fun! He is quite the hefty baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dishes

It is that time of day when the house is quiet, the table is half covered in pots, pans, and tuber ware with food scattered across. The car isn’t in the garage and the dog lies sleeping on the blue blanket. The sun lies somewhere back there, behind the cloud over those mountains. It makes some nice gold colors on the rocky face of the mountains outside of the window. I guess it is so nice because at this time of year there is a lot of plants and flowers in the back yard so the gold makes it seem sort of dreamlike. Yeah, I’ll do em I guess. Call it being nice or being bored. Does it matter? Approaching the sink I am nipped by the denting smell. The eggshells, scraps of mango, carrot peel, and chunks of tofu drip in my fingers. Oh yes, the trash is under the sink these days. Drip once, drip twice on the floor. The water in the frying pan trembles, shaking the crusty flakes of burnt egg. Yogurt and peanu...

Almost There!

Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point.  Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth.  I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result.  Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have.  The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this littl...

Into October

New Room We made the move, and Hinckley now has his own room. This has meant more sleep for Kassie (she doesn't wake up at any slight rustle of noise coming from his direction), and more sleep for Hinckley (he doesn't wake up when I get up in the morning to get ready for work). It is sort of sad and crazy that he is out of the room, and on his way to be a toddler. But that is what happens!  One of the first nights in H's own room. New Etsy Shop It was about 2 weeks ago that Kas began working towards opening her own Etsy shop . It has been fun to watch her make things and play around with the best way to get people to see her stuff. She is really creative and simply enjoys making things. We aren't looking to make a fortune or anything, but it would be nice to have a fun hobby, and have it pay for itself!  Check it out! If you know of anyone that is looking for baby products, come look at Kassie's site. More products will be coming.   ...