Skip to main content

Welcome February



We enjoyed a temple excursion to Oklahoma City last week. It was a spiritual feast to attend the temple, and then spend some quality time with Hinckley while Kas enjoyed a session. 

This week we decided to take back the TV, DVD player, and HDMI cable we got only a few weeks ago - so the historic decision to actually get a bigger screen to watch stuff on has now been made null. After thinking about certain kitchenware that needs to be replaced and a whole host of other items that better fit under "needs" and not "wants" we thought it was a bit ludicrous to purchase a nice new TV which then required us to buy more junk. It was nothing short of a miracle that we were able to return all those items since we didn't have a receipt for the TV and the other items couldn't be returned after 15 days. But we were still able to return them. So there are bitter sweet feelings about that. Looks like we will keep watching Downton and Sherlock and the other host of stuff we check out to the library on our laptops.

What happens when you don't get enough sleep? You get loopy!



Either H loves the wall, or just plain likes to drive us nuts. Why
does he constantly roll over! It is almost impossible to change him
without using a toy or other form of distractor. 


A Reader-to-be
Hinckley is really taken to rolling over, though he still can only roll from his back to his stomach and not the other way around. He loves trying to roll while we change him, in the bath, and of course in his bed. These actions rarely (never) produce positive feelings in him or Kas and I. Someday he will learn that if you are really tired, it isn't wise to roll over on your belly and rip out your pacifier. He started bananas this week and is really enjoying those. He continues to make funny faces, and maintaining an incredibly cute aura.






Kas is really busy with her calling as the Primary secretary, and is feeling more comfortable in that capacity. We made a bunch of little sheep magnets that will be used as a part of a teacher training the primary is putting on. They were pretty cool! Though a few of the sheep I made look like Gromit. We are still enjoying the WFPB diet, and at a lunch for work this week I didn't even feel that bad passing up a huge steak and the choice of infinite chocolate chip cookies. I guess this is evidence that change is possible.

Steamed garlic artichoke with lemon, and sweet potato
burgers with fresh topics and whole wheat bread. It was
pretty good, but next time I need to add more spices. 

Vegan version of ""Huevos  Rancheros" including tofu,
pinto beans, bell pepper and other tasty fresh stuff. Lots of
fajita seasoning from Sprouts. Mmm.


We are into the happy month of February and things are looking so much better than they were a few months ago. God is good. 



Comments

  1. Everything is exceptionally wonderful. What great photos of a happy and beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Diet

Life is good! Maybe our trials have changed our attitude or maybe things really have gotten better. Either way, 2014 is already looking happy, bright, and beautiful! Greg LOVES his new job. The environment is great and he likes all of his co-workers. Plus, he gets to make films for work! As a media arts major, it is pretty hard to land a job with a steady paycheck right out of college. This one just kind of fell into Greg's lap. The stark contrast between his previous job as a teacher and this one is like night and day. And believe me, the ripple effect of this has spilled over into our home; it's like a breath of fresh air! Hinckley has been very active lately and is already starting to assert his independence. He is 17 1/2 pounds and 28 inches tall. He just discovered how much he loves rolling over, so he does it all the time now. I think he would like to be running and on the move if he only knew how to do it! He also loves food. So far he has only eaten rice cereal

Almost There!

Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point.  Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth.  I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result.  Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have.  The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this little elep

TMA 185 3 minute film

The final product of "make me a match" that I labored over exceedingly. I was actually sort of unhappy with it all not because of the performances of anyone but mainly just the story. We had to write all so quickly and the re-write it time after time and then storyboard it and really break it down. In all this rush I didn't realize till I was actually shooting it that I really didn't care much for the story as a whole and thus my motivation suffered greatly. I don't think I need to tell epic dramatic tales to care about them but I do want to have a strong point and also a specific conflict or issue that is approached and resolved. I am starting a screen writing class tomorrow and possibly I will gain some insights as to how to develop good stories. Ones that I care about. I don't know why I feel so interested in telling stories - particularly in that I haven't felt very confident with the stories I have come up with. It is extremely hard for me to come up