Skip to main content

So long, Tulsa

Making Mischief

Happy Sunday from thunder booming Tulsa! We are excited that this is our last week in Oklahoma. The weather is heating up along with the humidity, but days like today help make it possible (tons of rain and cooler temp). This week we continued to sell off things on Craigslist, pack up books, and tighten up our moving plans. We enjoyed swimming yesterday with a family in the ward, and Hinckley did really well for his first time! I also walked into the water with my wallet in my pocket . . . but everything was salvaged other than the wallet itself - which is ok since I think it is the same wallet I've had since going to Mexico nearly 10 years ago. 



Hinckley is getting yet another tooth, but he is doing really well. He loves trying to escape when his diaper is being changed, and laughs uncontrollably when I do "hunk-a-chaw, hunk-a-chaw, hunk-a-chaw, hunk!" and grab him. Pretty cute. Kassie blitzed through The Book Thief and then we watched the movie. She really enjoyed the book and was having a hard time putting it down! I've been working slowly but surely on an electronic cookbook for our family, you can submit recipes if you have any good ones! The website is called http://williamsecookbook.weebly.com/ and is just an upgraded version from our previous Google Site. It still has lots of work to be done but it will be a good resource in the future.

The Black Bean Boss
My business venture is going well as we have about 7 projects in the works for June and July. My sister Lucy talked to a friend from school who will be doing the music for some of these films over the summer. Here is our current website and I am open to your thoughts and advice - or just general impressions on what seems to work and what isn't as helpful.

Kassie's Mom will be here mid-week to help prepare for the move and clean the apartment (though Kas keeps it so clean I am not sure what can be cleaned!). They will leave Friday and I will come on Saturday after the truck is packed. We are excited and hoping this is the last time we have to move in a while (that is what we say every 6-12 months).

Our time here in Tulsa has been transformative to say the least. My 4 months with TFA in connection with my 4 months doing professional video work at Community Care College have taught both of us more about ourselves, our dreams, and working together. We are grateful for this time, and look forward to what is ahead. Can't say we will miss this apartment, but there are a few people and a few restaurants we will never forget! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Diet

Life is good! Maybe our trials have changed our attitude or maybe things really have gotten better. Either way, 2014 is already looking happy, bright, and beautiful! Greg LOVES his new job. The environment is great and he likes all of his co-workers. Plus, he gets to make films for work! As a media arts major, it is pretty hard to land a job with a steady paycheck right out of college. This one just kind of fell into Greg's lap. The stark contrast between his previous job as a teacher and this one is like night and day. And believe me, the ripple effect of this has spilled over into our home; it's like a breath of fresh air! Hinckley has been very active lately and is already starting to assert his independence. He is 17 1/2 pounds and 28 inches tall. He just discovered how much he loves rolling over, so he does it all the time now. I think he would like to be running and on the move if he only knew how to do it! He also loves food. So far he has only eaten rice cereal

Almost There!

Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point.  Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth.  I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result.  Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have.  The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this little elep

TMA 185 3 minute film

The final product of "make me a match" that I labored over exceedingly. I was actually sort of unhappy with it all not because of the performances of anyone but mainly just the story. We had to write all so quickly and the re-write it time after time and then storyboard it and really break it down. In all this rush I didn't realize till I was actually shooting it that I really didn't care much for the story as a whole and thus my motivation suffered greatly. I don't think I need to tell epic dramatic tales to care about them but I do want to have a strong point and also a specific conflict or issue that is approached and resolved. I am starting a screen writing class tomorrow and possibly I will gain some insights as to how to develop good stories. Ones that I care about. I don't know why I feel so interested in telling stories - particularly in that I haven't felt very confident with the stories I have come up with. It is extremely hard for me to come up