Skip to main content

Birthday, Cousins, and Independence



Hinckley LOVES the splash pad, even when he gets hurt (see documentation above). With the hot months in full bloom we have found a few activities that are fun to do. July brought more than just heat though, cousins, birthdays, and a whole lot of sugar have made this month a very fun one. Hopefully we can begin recovering soon. 


Hinckley's first Popsicle . . . he actually didn't like it

Hanging out with Grandpas Williams
I (Greg) went on a trip to Philly for a conference and had a good time learning about media literacy. There I presented on my long standing idea (teachersclips.weebly.com) for teachers to crowdsource popular culture content, and I learned about some really neat thing others are doing to promote similar activities across the world. I also tried out couch surfing (couchsurfing.com) and met some amazing people who showed me a thing or two in Philly I would have missed.

One of the awkward selfies born during G's visit to Philly
We had all of my family in town at one point this month, and Hinckley loved it as much as we did. His aunts and uncles, and especially the cousins took him in and made him the center of attention –exactly where he likes to be.

Trying out Dad's phones

"Stand chair" with Aunt Lucy, Hallie, and Millie
We had a great 4th, enjoying some of Provo's unique activities and had the best parade experience EVER (as we all agreed). Something special happens when overcast weather combines with having children who get a big kick out of loud sirens and marching bands. It was great.

Loving the balloon fest in Provo on the 4th

Waiting for Grandpa Halvorsen to drop candy parachutes
Whenever we see an airplane, Hinckley shouts joyfully "Grandpa Halvorsen!" Admittedly this is a very cute thing to behold.

4th of July Parade with patient cousins

Parade with Abi and Lu in the background

Riding in the car with Elsie and Owen

Hiking with Kate and Annie
We spent most of the reunion up in Heber at an amazing lodge that easily fit all of us in there. It was beautiful! The kids could run wild while the adults could actually hear one another talking. Amazing.

Hiking with cousins

                                      


Swimming in the lake with George

Aunt Lucy's balloon making skills put to good use! 
Finally, we are the proud parents of a two year old now. So hard to believe that these years have zoomed by and we are expecting another baby in just a few weeks. Hinckley loved his cake decoration, indeed it was so exciting to him he didn't eat any cake! Good thing he has cousins.

2 years old! 

Awesome tractor cake! 





Comments

  1. Well captured! Sweet boy and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well captured! Sweet boy and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom dittoed her comment, I'll assume on my behalf! Love how you're documenting this sweet boy's growth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dishes

It is that time of day when the house is quiet, the table is half covered in pots, pans, and tuber ware with food scattered across. The car isn’t in the garage and the dog lies sleeping on the blue blanket. The sun lies somewhere back there, behind the cloud over those mountains. It makes some nice gold colors on the rocky face of the mountains outside of the window. I guess it is so nice because at this time of year there is a lot of plants and flowers in the back yard so the gold makes it seem sort of dreamlike. Yeah, I’ll do em I guess. Call it being nice or being bored. Does it matter? Approaching the sink I am nipped by the denting smell. The eggshells, scraps of mango, carrot peel, and chunks of tofu drip in my fingers. Oh yes, the trash is under the sink these days. Drip once, drip twice on the floor. The water in the frying pan trembles, shaking the crusty flakes of burnt egg. Yogurt and peanu...

Almost There!

Tomorrow is our baby's due date! We don't think he will come tomorrow, but one never knows. Here are some pics from this week. School is going pretty well for me, though I transition to writing/reading from doing math for the past two weeks so I am a little nervous about that. The view from the bus just before I get off and start teaching for the day. Usually I am barely awake at this point.  Awesome panorama of our classroom. It has taken a lot of work to get all this stuff up, but it could still use lots more! Here is a view of the front of the classroom, along with our space ship behavior chart and so forth.  I decided to see what would happen if I didn't shave during the week This was the result.  Kas is feeling quite big, and ready for the man child to come out! This week Kas learned how to make homemade yogurt - or at least how to extend the yogurt you already have.  The latest creative masterpiece from Kassie is this littl...

Into October

New Room We made the move, and Hinckley now has his own room. This has meant more sleep for Kassie (she doesn't wake up at any slight rustle of noise coming from his direction), and more sleep for Hinckley (he doesn't wake up when I get up in the morning to get ready for work). It is sort of sad and crazy that he is out of the room, and on his way to be a toddler. But that is what happens!  One of the first nights in H's own room. New Etsy Shop It was about 2 weeks ago that Kas began working towards opening her own Etsy shop . It has been fun to watch her make things and play around with the best way to get people to see her stuff. She is really creative and simply enjoys making things. We aren't looking to make a fortune or anything, but it would be nice to have a fun hobby, and have it pay for itself!  Check it out! If you know of anyone that is looking for baby products, come look at Kassie's site. More products will be coming.   ...